Sunday, January 30, 2011

Julie & Julia

... or is it the other way around?  Anyway, I just finished watching that movie (yes, for the 1st time - I know, I'm slow).

I thought it was an excellent movie.  I especially liked the parallel stories going back and forth between the two.
I remember watching Julia on TV as a child.   I never watched it religiously, but if I caught it on I would always watch it.  Guess it was the beginnings to My Inner Julia Child in the making.  She was such a determined woman who wouldn't accept that she might not be capable of taking on a challenge, head on, and conquering it with gusto.

It broke my heart a little when, in the movie, Julie got the call and realized she would never meet Julia Child, but I thought it was awesome when she and her husband took their victorious trip to see her kitchen in the Smithsonian. 

I think I need to go out any buy her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking... or just get on Amazon~!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment