Saturday, January 29, 2011

The nearly perfect shirt...

Well I finished McCalls6076 view C and think I am going to like this pattern.
Here's the finished version:


I have learned a few things as you do when working with a new pattern...   press here not there in the directions,  taper the sleeves for my liking, and figure out how to work the collar where it meets the shirt front so I don't end up with a bunched up mess like I did with the first one.

I do see this shirt in black with the 3/4 length sleeves in my near future.    I really need a white one too, but I'm going to have to find just the right fabric.  Perhaps a crisp summer weight linen...

...as I mentioned before I think it might make a nice jacket with some applique, or crochet flower applique...

...the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment