Friday, January 28, 2011

Sew Perfect....

In my quest for a perfect fit shirt I ran across this pattern:
...which ironically says "The Perfect Shirt" right there on the envelope...
I found this pattern on my mega-score weekend at Hancock Fabrics a couple months ago (more on this in a future reflecting on the past post later).

So I am in the process of this shirt.  Actually all I lack are the button holes and buttons.  I made view B, which if you can't tell from the picture, is the blue long sleeve version. 

Ironically, I made it from a light turquoise polished cotton. 
These are the buttons I chose:
These are adorable little black plastic vintage buttons with bezel set rhinestones.  I think it will be a nice pop on the turquoise.

I hope I love this pattern because I can see it with many variations.   It would even be nice as a jacket with a little heavier fabric, maybe with some velvet trim...

Watch for the finished shirt in my next post!  
Of cours

No comments:

Post a Comment