Monday, January 24, 2011

Passions and Pastimes

I have recently been thinking I need a seperate blog to address my passions and pastimes. 

I am not getting rid of our family's blog (lonestarbartons.blogspot.com) but creating a new one so I don't overload the other blog with my pastimes and passions...

My plan is to cover my 6 main passions:
Scrapbooking

 Photography

Jewelry Making


Cooking


Sewing
and Stained Glass
But, I am not oppsed to throwing in a random craft here or there will sure be stories behind the crafts.

The sewing will include projects I make as well as history of my sewing and my grandmother's sewing.  It will also include continues updates on the progress of going through my grandmother's amazing sewing room.  I am at least a 3rd generation crafter... and I am sure it goes back farther than that!
I will have posts of treasures I find, vintage fabrics, notions, patterns, finished pieces and who knows what else!

My cooking posts may be sporadic.  While cooking is a passion... I don't always find the time in my schedule to make it a pastime.

My scrapbooking will also probably be more sporadic than  I would like to scrapbook on a regular basis, but sadly, I don't.  There will most likely be an influx of scrapbooking entries following cropping retreats.

Jewelry making is a passion that occurs when the creativity bug hits.  My jewelry retail site will continue to house the photo charms I make and sell and I will try to stick to my pieces and inspired pieces on this blog.

Stained Glass will most certainly be the area I post the least about. It is the most time consuming and frankly, I don't have the time right now.  Maybe soon.

Lastly is photography.  I love taking pictures and I love Photoshop CS3... I will post here frequently with new photos of places I have been and interesting things I have seen....

So, there it is, in a nutshell.

Next post coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment