Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The quickest pillow case ever!

So, I procrastinated enough in the past week and waited until literally the last hour to make this before I ran out the door!
This is a smaller version of the standard pillow cases I usually make.   This is a 12" x 16" case.  
This pillow is for a dear friend who will go in for a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery in the next two weeks.
Turns out, I selected the perfect size!  I chose it because they are going out of town for the surgery and I thought that this pillow would be easier to take than a larger, standard pillow.   This is exactly what her list of items to bring had on it!

 A close up of the speediest applique job ever!
 ...and probably not the best.
Ribbon trim with pink rhinestones.

Applique initial with bling.

The pillow in it's case.
The embellishment are sort of one sided as all of my pillows are.
The fabric goes all the way around, the large rick-rack goes all the way around as  does the tan ribbon that serves to hide the divide the floral fabric from the pillow case.  The back side is left free of applique or rhinestones for comfort.

I truly hope she enjoys it and it brings her comfort through out her courageous battle!  <3

1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out! So cute!!! I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete